WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL VEHICLE SHUTTLES FOR
GREEN, YAMPA, and WHITE RIVERS.
All our drivers are professionally trained CDL licensed and must complete several hours of safety training every year. We are licensed and insured and have been in business for over 50 years. We are family owned and operated for three generations.
We want your trip to be worry free.
Your time here in our community and great outdoors is as important to us as it is to you. We want your trip to be a memorable one and worry free. Let’s work together to make sure that your vehicle is ready for the trip.
Your vehicle must be properly insured and in sound safe running condition for our drivers to transport. Please run through this check list so that your vehicle can be shuttled safely without incident or unnecessary costs;
- Before you leave for your river trip, make sure your vehicle is mechanically sound. Check fluids, lights, belts and tires. (it is a good idea to bring a quart of motor oil the type you use in your vehicle in case we need to add to bring to safe levels for shuttling).
- Be sure your vehicle has enough fuel to reach the destination you have hired us to deliver it to. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be responsible for vehicles that run out of fuel and we will not transport vehicles left with empty tanks.
- We do everything possible to avoid flat tires but given the conditions of some of the roads we travel they do happen despite the best efforts. If your spare tire (vehicle or trailer) is locked please make sure you leave a key.
- Make sure each vehicle has a spare tire, lug wrench, jack and if needed lug key. Leave us a note informing us of where these tools are located. Make sure your spare tire is inflated and in working condition and that the jack tools work.
- Due to the many different alarm system now days, please leave clear instructions on how to arm/disarm your system.
- If your group has multiple vehicles, please label keys with license plate# or a vehicle description.
- Make sure each vehicle has a current state registration and insurance certificate.
- Leave your keys in the agreed-on location. We cannot transport your vehicle if there are no keys! Make sure your instructions for leaving keys at the take-out are clear. If you need to change plans, please contact our office. If you make a duplicate key, make sure that it will unlock the vehicle door and start the car. Newer cars will only run with a specific key that has a chip or the electronic key fob and a copy won’t suffice. If you lock your car with a key fob and don’t leave us one, or one with a dead battery we won’t be able to disarm the alarm and thus, can’t move your car which = a very sad situation for you! Again, the last thing you should do before you launch is double check your key is where it is supposed to be, and that the one you leave us works!
- If you encounter problems with your vehicle on the way to the put-in, please contact our office (1-833-801-3166) so that we are prepared for the problem. Leave a clear note of last-minute problems such as “service engine” light, door ajar, etc. There is no cell service at many of the put-ins, most times a short drive up the road will get you service. Please let our office know of any changes before you launch.
- Do not leave trash or anything in the bed of trucks or trailers. Please deal with your trash before you launch. It attracts animals and /or will blow out while driving and will cause a mess. If we have to clean up your trash, we will put it in your rig.
- Please keep valuables hidden from view. We have never had a report of damage to vehicles or property loss at the parking areas but let’s not temp anyone.
- Gratuities are appreciated, but when leaving a tip, please mark it as such, our drivers will leave any cash left in a vehicle that is not marked as a tip.
- TRAILERS please note that currently we do not charge extra for vehicles with
- trailers, but the following guidelines must be followed.
- Trailer lights must be working.
- Trailers bust be able to travel safely at normal road speeds.
- Make sure your trailer is well built and able to travel on rough washboard roads.
- Trailers must have at least one spare tire that is inflated and road worthy.
- All trailers must have safety chains and all lights working. Any tickets given to drivers for defective equipment will be passed on to the owner.
- All hitches, tailgates, safety chains, lights and jacks must be in working condition.
Vehicle breakdowns cost both of us time and money, these costs will be passed on to you. When breakdowns or delays cause our drivers to be detained, you will be charged additional fees to cover these costs.
A Green River Transportation Inc./Wilkins Shuttles owner accompanies every shuttle. We take pride in our vehicles and we take care of them. We will do the same with yours. Your vehicle will be at the take-out unless the road has washed away, your car breaks down, there is no key or there is no gas. We are pretty handy and will do our best with any roadside repairs, but we will be limited to our resources, and there will be extra charges for you.
No refunds will be issued if upon our arrival the keys are not in the right place or if the key doesn’t work or if the vehicle is without fuel. There is no fee for cancellations made 7 days prior to your launch date.
Cancellations less than 7 days and up to 3 days will be charged 50% of the total cost of the trip. Total trip cost will be forfeited for any cancellations within 72 hours of launch date. We love what we do. We love taking the worry out of your travel plans. We take pride in our driver’s and their ability to transport hundreds of vehicles every season safely. Our goal is to make your trip worry free
RIVER VEHICLE SHUTTLE RATES
WE DO SHUTTLES YEAR ROUND
River Shuttle Service # vehicles rate/per vehicle
Prices subject to change without notice.
Ladore to Split Mountain 1-3 $175
Rainbow Park to Split Mountain 2-3 $85
(2 car minimum) 4+ $75
Flaming Gorge to Swallow Canyon 2-3 $150
(2 car minimum) 4+ $130
Deer Lodge to Split Mountain 1-3 $125
Sand Wash to Swasey’s 2-3 $275
(2 car minimum) 4+ $250
Price does not include $25 vehicle entrance fee into Dinosaur National Monument/Split Mountain. National Park Passes are acceptable in lieu of this fee.
We also offer a van shuttle option, you shuttle your own vehicles to the take out, we will meet you there and shuttle you back to the put-in. Contact us for pricing.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover, but our favorite, is good – old fashioned CASH!
There is a 4% service fee for all credit card transactions.